Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sweet Sunday Night

I just had to write this down so I wouldn't forget it. I put my sweet Isla Shea to bed tonight. I snuggled under the covers with her and read her two books like always. Then I proceeded to sing to her like always. Her favorite song for me to sing is "Love Story" by Taylor Swift. She calls it...and take a deep breath..."We were both young when I first saw you." She always says, "Mom, will you sing 'We were both young when I first saw you?" and she says it really fast. :) Anyways, tonight she decided to sing the ENTIRE song along with me. It was the cutest little thing in the world. I had no idea she knew every lyric in that song. But, and this is the funny part, during one verse she started picking her nose (a nasty habit picked up at preschool) and so we were singing the part that says "You were Romeo, I was the Scarlet Letter" and Isla sings, "You were Romeo and I was picking my noooosseee." Oh my goodness, I was dying laughing. So anyways, I just wanted to write that memory down because it was so cute.

And no pictures tonight, just a sweet memory in my head, and the hope that one day we will just be able to blink and capture a picture in an instant.

I also wanted to include a quote...John, me, Isla and Leo were eating breakfast at Shelby's today when a lady came over to our table to tell us we were a precious family. She then left us with these words, "the days are long but the years go by too fast."
Please oh please let time slow down for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment