Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Blue Skies for Blue Eyes

It was a beautiful day in Jax. Beach on Sunday so we packed up the kids for an afternoon of fun. For Leo it was his first time at the beach. He stared at the crashing waves and grabbed the sand and squished it between his fingers. Isla is a regular at the beach so she wasted no time stripping off her clothes and running through the sand straight for the ocean. However, unlike last year when she would run as deep as she could before John and I scooped her up, this year she stopped as soon as a wave crashed at her feet. She is more aware this year and that gives me a little sigh of relief. She loved just dipping her toes in the water and running back in shore screaming once a wave came, and she repeated this for a good 30 minutes. She also loved hunting for seashells. I can't wait for all the beach days ahead this summer. It's one of my favorite places to be and to be there with my family, who I love more than anything, makes it that much better!
Here are our first pictures at the beach this year:
















No comments:

Post a Comment