Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014

I've been pretty bad about updating the blog in 2013. I guess raising 4 children, maintaining a home, and being a wife to the greatest husband ever are to blame! I mean, I still have all of our christmas pictures to edit not to mention writing a post about our new baby on the way...  So in 2014 I've decided to do something new.
Each day I will jot down 3 things that I was thankful for and "that gave me life" that day.  I read about this in a magazine and fell in love with the idea.  "The point is that saying thank you actually makes us grateful. Writing down gifts means we notice them, re-live them, and absorb them. Our days are breaking open with goodness, splitting little seams and cracks where light leaks out. You can give these moments a glance and move on, or you can dwell on them, collect them, savor them and say thank you. It is in choosing to recognize the light that we are changed. Beyond feeling thankful, our whole person becomes oriented toward gratitude."  
This will be my way of taking my crazy days and putting them into perspective. At the end of each day I will reflect back and remember the moments that made me smile and these memories will be written down for me to remember always.   Let's just hope I can keep up with it!  I'll probably post them every Friday but I'll go ahead and do today's, the first day of 2014!

1.  All 4 of my babies joined me and John in bed this morning.  Isla, Leo and Palmer walked downstairs and crawled into our bed while John carried Hart down to snuggle up with us as well.  The first seconds of 2014 were filled with what means the most to me, my family!

2.  Sitting in the rain in 50 degree weather while watching Georgia play Nebraska in the Gator Bowl is not what I'm saying thank you for, but sitting there in the company of John, my Dad, and my brother is!

3.  Having Isla, Leo, Palmer, and Hart greet us at the front door with huge hugs and smiles and chants of "we're so glad you are home" topped off the day! 

Happy New Year!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment