Monday, March 15, 2010

Happiness in midst of sadness

In the midst of the sadness that I have felt over the weekend, I found happiness too in the moments with my children. We spent a morning in the front lawn, laying in the grass beneath our tree, balancing on a mini stone wall, singing and dancing to ring a round the rosy, swinging, drawing with sidewalk chalk and just enjoying each others company. I even took Isla to have her very first pedicure...which I'm sure is the first of many other mother/daughter mani/pedi outings. :) She LOVED it! For the whole hour she sat completely still in my lap with my toes and her toes soaking in the pool of warm water. She watched so closely everything the lady did to my toes. After the nice lady had massaged my feet and legs Isla looked up at me so sweetly and asked, "Is it my turn to get a massage, mommy?" Isla got a mini massage and then picked out bright purple polish for her toes and a pretty Easter pink color for my toes. We enjoyed sharing a Cherry Coke while our feet were pampered. I can't wait to share in these girly moments with my little Isla for many years to come. And sweet little Leo is just such a happy little guy. He can sit up now without using his hands for balance and play with tiny toys. He's napping a lot better too, which is nice for all of us. Thank goodness for my two kiddos who bring smiles to my face no matter what comes my way. Oh and I had to mention that John ran the River Run this weekend with a time of 1:08!!! He beat his last year time by 40 secs. Go Babe!!!
Angels in the sunshine

Such a Sweet face

Letting Leo smell her flower

She loves picking flowers

Walking the "balance beam"

Ring a round the rosy

First Pedicure

Me and my angel

Purple and Pink - So girly

My baby boy sitting up and playing with his parrot

No comments:

Post a Comment