Sunday, March 14, 2010

Goodbye Grandad

We lost a wonderful man Saturday morning. My Grandad, Paul Henry Shea, passed away at 98 1/2 years old. We knew it was coming as he had been in the hospice center for almost 2 months but it is still so hard. Grandad was so loving and the wittiest guy I ever knew. He was even still cracking jokes just 3 weeks ago about Leo...who by the way smiled ear to ear every time he saw Grandad. Grandad loved seeing Isla and Leo on Sunday night dinners or wherever else we were. He was there for both of their births and for that I am truly thankful. Grandad, I love you so much and you will always be in my heart. I can only hope to lead the kind of life you led. I pray that you are at peace now and will watch over us and keep us safe until we are 98 years old too. :)

Here are some of my favorite pictures of the family with Grandad:
Isla's First Birthday

Holding one day old Isla


Christmas with Leo 2009

With Leo the day he was born

No comments:

Post a Comment