Sunday, January 9, 2011

Right Now

Right now Isla is 3 1/2 and Leo is 15 months old. Right now they are both napping peacefully as the rain pitter patters outside their windows. Leo takes one nap a day now and Isla still does too. In fact Isla still wants me to rock her to sleep and when I lay her in bed I have to pat her back till I hear her breathing heavily and know she is fast asleep before I dare leave her side. I love the fact that my baby girl still needs me to lull her to sleep. Right now Leo needs his donkey, Bashful, and me rocking him to fall asleep and I hope he continues to need me for a long time. I love my sleeping angels and our rituals at naptime.

Right now John is at work and I realize how lucky I am to be able to stay home and be apart of my children's daily activities. I am so appreciative of John for all he does to support our family and make it so that I can be a stay at home mom. We are so very fortunate and I love him so much. Thank you, Babe, for working so hard to make this dream of mine come true.

Right now this is what my babies' silhouettes look like:
And they greet us as we walk in our front door. I'm so in love with this artwork.

Right now they love each other. I mean LOVE each other. They make each other laugh, chase each other around, follow one another from room to room, and carry on conversations only they know the meaning to. They are brother and sister and I love that they have each other.

Right now Isla is such a little lady but still so much a baby girl too. She has times of outright independence and other times of crying and reaching out for me not to leave her side. But I know that it is only a matter of time where the independence thing is going to take over full force and it makes me so sad. Someone told me the other day that motherhood is just a slow process of letting go. We raise our babies the best we can and have them in such a tight grip from day one but come the day they flee our nest they are completely out of our hands and all we have is the hope that we did a good job. Letting her and Leo grow up is hard, I want to keep them my babies for always, but I know that's not possible and I need to enjoy each and every second of every day I'm blessed with being by their sides. We never know what could happen so instead of worrying and being sad about what the future holds, I'm going to be happy and enjoy right now! And right now means playing sidewalk chalk, hopscotch, and hulahoops.
Right now, this little guy is the sweetest thing in the world. He walks up to me and John at random times and bends his head in front of us and makes the mmmmmm sound because he wants a kiss. Oh, it melts my heart. He is talking up a storm too and does something new each day. His growing vocabulary includes: Iya (Isla), Gege (Gigi), Bubu (B.B.), shoes, hat, hot, done - he signs it too, bou (book) and the list goes on. I know every mom thinks their babies are the smartest, but I really think he is. :)
Right now our one-on-the-way is kicking and rolling around my belly and I'm smiling because I realize that right now is all that matters. Right now I'm happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment