Monday, April 5, 2010

Eggcellent Saturday

Isla hopped out of bed Saturday morning at 5:30a.m. She knew today was the Palms Easter Egg Hunt and she couldn't wait. After a cinnamon bun breakfast she pulled out her pink bonnet and bunny dress and was ready to go. Of course we had to snap a few pictures of our two bunnies before we left.



After pulling into a car-filled parking lot, the "Easter Bunny" was there to greet us. I held my breath and wondered what kind of reaction Isla would have this year. To my surprise she ran right up to him and gave him a high five. Little Leo did just what I thought he would do which was to give him one of his precious open mouthed smiles. My kids LOVED him.

Which is strange to me beacause this giant bunny is 10 times scarier than any Santa Claus. I mean look at that thing...FREAKY! And what is that he is wearing? An oven mit?

Okay, Back off bunny, that's enough photos with my two. I think they are catching on to you anyways...

Gigi came to join the fun too. She held Leo while John and I took turns chasing Isla around from station to station. She played pin the tail on the Rabbit (and decided to take the blindfold off half way through her 3rd spin and proceeded to still pin the tail on his tummy), ring toss, jump rope, crafts, and the great egg on a spoon race (again Isla cheated by holding the egg onto the spoon with her thumb the whole time she ran). Gotta love her!


After an Easter story it was time to hunt eggs. Each family had to bring 12 treat filled eggs so each child was gauranteed 12 eggs at the end. I've never seen Isla run so fast before. Bonnet and bow went flying off as she raced around the playground. She was as good as some of the 7 yr. olds out there at finding eggs. Isla was extra excited about the basketball egg she found.


Ahhh, He's BAAAACCCKKK!


After lunch with Coach and Gigi at Jason's Deli and long naps it was time to dye Easter eggs. We decided on the marbelized look this year. Just add vinegar and some oil to that little tablet and you are ready to go. This is my favorite part of Easter, and always has been...







And I think my precious daughter loves it too. Just look at how proud she is. Her eggs turned out beautiful just like her! An Eggcellent Saturday it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment