Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Celebrate

The past 3 weeks have been a non stop celebration.  This will be a post of many pictures and a little bit of words to describe the happiness these weeks have brought to our family…

Gigi’s birthday started us out.  We celebrated with breakfast at Ellen’s Kitchen, pedicures with Isla, and Sunday night dinner at our house.  Happy birthday, Momma!  The world became a sweeter, kinder, unselfish one the day you were born. 

3girls

Then came Valentines Day.  Rub-a-dub-dub, 3 loves in (and out of) a tub. 

IMG_5752

They melt our hearts and are as sweet as can be. 

vday

Palmer loved his first Valentines Day and I have a feeling these two are going to break some hearts in the future.  Wingmen for life!

IMG_57711stvalentinesday

palmerIMG_5747

Next was my birthday.  I got to spend it with all my loves.  Dinner at Mezzaluna with John was amazing and the party continued the next night at Bonefish with family and friends.  I’m one lucky girl!

32usmylife

I made a wish on this cupcake with ‘past wishes come true’ standing around me…it was kind of surreal 

wish

She made some more wishes too.  There is a new dandelion in our yard every day and every day she makes a wish.  I don’t have the heart to tell her that dandelion wishes only come true if you blow all the seeds away with one breath.  I mean that’s pretty much impossible. 

dandydnadelion

Then we celebrated a cold night, maybe our 3rd one this winter.  It’s been such a mild one and we knew this would be our last opportunity for a fire outside so we jumped on it.  John chopped up the wood, we grabbed some smore ingredients, and headed to our backyard for the evening. 

fire

IMG_5812IMG_5813

It was perfect.  One of my favorite scents ever is the smell of firewood smoke.  I’m just drawn to it and so while John put Isla and Leo to sleep I sat out on our back porch under the stars until the last flame went out.  A wonderful night for sure! 

IMG_5814

And where do I even begin with Palmer?  He has taken off, developmentally, in these past 3 weeks.  First off, this little thing took his first steps on my birthday, at 9 1/2 months old.  I couldn’t believe it.  He beat Isla by one month and Leo by around 3 months.  He is so anxious to get going and he is full on walking across the living room now.  He’s amazing!  He continues to smile at everyone he sees, he claps, waves while saying “ba ba”, says “mama” specifically to me, does “so big” with his arms, eats everything that’s placed in front of him, and sleeps so well at night!  Palmer is one determined little boy, but I’ve know that about him since my first trimester.  He won’t let anything stand in his way and I love that about him. 

happywalking

10monthsoldtenmonths

Happy 10 months, little P-Nut!

10mopalmer

Finally we celebrated at Disney World!  The Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios were a blast and we even got to eat with the princesses for a second time.   Palmer was wrapped up in the Moby wrap all of last visit but he enjoyed the view from the stroller this time.  He was so great the whole trip.  Isla and Leo were in heaven and never stopped smiling.  I love the happiest place on Earth! 

helloisla

loves

us

meltpresh

bellecinderella

brotherscastle

boys

IMG_5902

family

We rode the usual rides, but added in the Haunted Mansion.  It’s safe to say we probably traumatized our kids for life.  We’ll have to skip that one for the next few years.  Isla was tall enough to ride Splash Mountain this time and after a little bit of coaxing and a few tears, she finally agreed to ride it with me.  I was the one actually a little nervous for that huge drop.  I gripped her little body so tightly as we went down while fearing her reaction at the same time.  However, when we got to the bottom, she threw her arms up and yelled, “woo who, I wanna do that again!”  Our little daredevil!  Leo’s favorites were the Carousel and Pirates of the Caribbean.  Palmer by far loved the Country Bear Jamboree.  Every time the Bear’s played their Banjos (which was the entire time) he clapped his little hands right along to the beat.  Cutest thing I’ve ever seen! 

carousel

cutecastle2

IMG_5905

bottleislaleo

princesspuddleIMG_5931

Round two with the Monsters Inc. gang went A LOT better.  Leo forgave Mike for stomping his foot at us last time and gave he and Sully big hugs.  Isla wasn’t so convinced so she stayed a safe distance away. 

hugsmikesully

After an afternoon of swimming in the pool (all three of them are water babies) and a meal at Benihana Steakhouse, we called it a night and a great 3 weeks.  Oh boy have we had fun but it’s nice to have a clear calendar for the month of March.  Because come April we have Easter, Brannon’s wedding, and 3 birthdays that will call for some big time celebrating.  Until then, “TTFN, ta ta for now!”

No comments:

Post a Comment