Friday, October 7, 2011

Good Life

I had to get a mammogram yesterday.  I’ve been nervous all week.  As you all know, my mother had breast cancer and her mother died of it.  I’ve been terrified of receiving that news, although I know one day I’ll have to face it.  I just want to prolong it for as long as I can.  When you are told by your Dr. that they “feel a suspicious lump” you go into panic mode.  I had to wait a week and a half for this appointment and everyday I woke up more nervous than the next.  My mom went with me and after the mammogram, ultrasound, and a 20 minute wait in a cold room later, I was told it was “normal glandular tissue.”  (Insert celebratory bottle of wine)  I came home with a huge weight lifted off of my shoulder.  After a big sigh of relief I looked up to the sky, thanked our God above, and realized once again how extremely blessed I am.  So many people are living with cancer and holding on to today with all that they have.  It just makes me realize even more how precious each and every minute of our lives are and how we can’t waste a second on any thing that brings us down.  It’s a waste of energy.  Today we focused on the positive because we are healthy and that’s all that matters…
The boys and I went to the park.  They love the stroller ride, the breeze, listening to the birds singing along the way, and of course the sighting of the park in the distance.  Leo doesn’t know whether to bring his baseball, basketball, football or soccer ball as this park has a place for all of the above.  Today we brought the football and he was trying to shoot it into the basketball hoops.  He was about 6 feet short but the precious thing kept shooting like one time it would actually go in.  Love his persistence.  
walkin
angel
huglove
Palmer is 5 months old!  He rolls from his tummy to back, he sits unsupported for seconds at a time, and he loves to smile and talk to anyone who will listen. 
laugh
palmsy
Leo
eddiemyboy
swinginwee
Watching these two at the park together melted my heart.  This was really the first time I’ve seen the bond that is forming and what will be in the future.  I’m so excited to see these two brothers grow up together, a grade apart.  I pray they look out for each other always, and by the looks of it, I think they will.  
brothers
yay
We did a fall art project the other afternoon.  I got the idea on one of my favorite websites, thecraftycrow.net.  We took coffee filters and cut them into leaf shapes.  Then the kids colored on them with markers and then sprayed a little bit of water on them.  The colors bled and then we hung them from a branch we found at the park.  So much fun and I love sitting in the living room and catching a glimpse of the art my babies did hanging before me.   
fall
IMG_3985
spray
Ballet continues and she is loving it.  Isla is doing tap and ballet moves daily and even tells me what the moves are called.  I can’t even spell them out here…Leo tries to imitate but John just throws him a ball instead. 
ballerinapose
Oh yes, it’s a Good Life and I thank God with every ounce I have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment