Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Isla’s Tea Party

My baby girl had her fourth birthday party on Saturday.  For the fourth year in a row we celebrated the day she came into this world with a party in our front yard.  And for the fourth year in a row the weather was beautiful, just like our Isla Shea Halman.  I still can’t believe it was almost four years ago when this little blonde haired, blue eyed beauty was placed in my arms.  She is who made me a mama and she will always be my baby girl.  

four

4

The tea party was precious!  The party was decorated with pink, purple, white and silver balloons, tissue paper flowers, streamers, and a table fit for a Victorian princess.  Party fun included hat decorating, tea pot frame decorating, bead bracelet making, pass the parcel and a teapot piñata. 

hair

preciousIMG_2116

flyaway

IMG_2175

IMG_2134

IMG_2121

IMG_2122

IMG_2123

IMG_2128

IMG_2129

Even Leo dressed for the occasion wearing a tie for the first time.  Isla made it known that Leo and Daddy were the only boys allowed.

IMG_2143 copy

IMG_2165

islaandgigi2

  grownup

IMG_2145 copy

I made each girl a canvas bag trimmed with lace and their initial ironed on in Victorian patterned fabric.  Each one was filled with a feather boa, bangle bracelet, and a pink pearl necklace. 

IMG_2149

I also found 10 teacups and saucers at antique and Goodwill stores, and at garage sales for the girls place settings.  I then made nametags out of little doilies and attached them to a tea bag placed in each cup.  Two vases filled with peach roses, white hydrangea, and purple lilacs were placed on the table.  Pink and white rose petals were scattered across the table and little tins of pink and purple personalized M&Ms were scattered about as well.  They read, “Isla is 4.” 

IMG_2150

IMG_2148

Isla anxiously awaited the arrival of  her guests and as you can see below she really wanted to get the party started.

love

Then they came and gifts piled up, girls piled on blankets decorating away, and she was happy. 

IMG_2195

hat

IMG_2204

IMG_2213

IMG_2217

After all the craft fun, it was “Time 4 Tea” and time to eat.  The girls were served flower shaped PB&Js, fruit kabobs, chips, cheese cubes and crackers, and a chocolate covered strawberry.  The ladies ate chicken salad croissants, deviled eggs, fruit salad, chips, mini quiches, and lemon bread.  We drank sweet tea and the little ones were served pink lemonade poured by Cinderella (Brannon’s fiancé – Heather).

food2

IMG_2222

IMG_2226

serving

cinderella

IMG_2228

It was the perfect tea party and seeing this look on Isla’s face made me the happiest mama in the world.  She loved her party and that’s what I work towards…  Making the best birthday memories for my little girl.

tea

sip

After lunch and tea it was game time.  We played “pass the parcel” first.  This is where you pass around a present that is wrapped in layers.  Each layer holds a little gift.  We played the music “I’m a Little Tea Pot” and passed the present around the circle.  When the music stopped, whoever was holding the gift, got to unwrap the layer and unveil their gift.  It continued on until each girl received a present.  Some of the treasures were lipgloss, light up pens, jewelry, hello kitty change purse, mini gumball machine, and a fancy brush and mirror set. 

passparcel

IMG_2252

Then we moved on to the piñata.  The girls lined up and took turns whacking the teapot 3 times each.  This was one strong piñata.  We went through the line 3 times before John stepped up to the plate and took matters into his own hands.  

pinata

riley

ruby3

candy

After all that bat swinging, it was time to cut the cake.  We got an ice cream cake from publix filled with vanilla and chocolate cake and vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry ice cream.   It was decorated with nothing other than pink and purple roses, Isla’s favorite colors

IMG_2298

happybirthday

yay

(Make a wish, sweet angel) 

wish

cutcake

IMG_2304

Everyone then gathered in the living room to open presents.  Isla got some of the cutest gifts including a Ballerina Madame Alexander doll, a wedding Barbie doll, Rapunzel’s tower, a jewelry making kit, a butterly purse, a princess hair accessory kit, a princess jewelry box, and tons of dress up clothes.

IMG_2317

IMG_2318

IMG_2329

IMG_2330

IMG_2333

presents

isla

I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect day for my sugar bug.  Little Isla Lou, we love you beyond words.  You whispered to me that night what your wish was when you blew out your candles.  You told me you wished for a “happy life.”  My heart melted because that’s what I wish for you every night when I go to bed and say my prayers.  I want nothing more for you than the happiest of lives.  You deserve the moon and all the stars in the sky too.  Happy 4th birthday baby girl! 

boa

broandsis

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Pretty girl! The party arrangements are mind-blowing. I have also booked one of the Chicago venues for my daughter’s birthday party and I am glad I came across this post before her party. I can actually pick up some good ideas from here for her birthday party.

    ReplyDelete