Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Love

What a week it's been. This is one of my most favorite weeks in the year. We get to celebrate my mom's birthday, Valentine's Day, and my birthday! And let me tell ya, the love was overflowing. Friday, the 11th, we had our usual Friday night tradition of dinner and a movie. Leo's such a big boy now sitting in a fold out chair next to his sister. They enjoyed chicken orchiette, strawberries, and Toy Story 3.

Then it was time to "hop" into the tub. That's how John puts them into the bath each night...by "hopping" them in with a huge jump. They love it! Almost as much as they love each other.

Saturday night, the 12th, we celebrated my mom's birthday with a dinner at Eleven South. One of Isla's teachers babysat and John and I got to enjoy a night out with the adults. Happy Birthday, Mom! I love you so very much.

Sunday, the 13th, was the 26.2 with Donna Run. This was John's second year running it and the whole family went down to first street to cheer him on at mile 20. We saw him coming and Isla and Leo gave him high fives and I gave him a hug. I couldn't believe he wasn't even out of breath. He is an amazing runner and I'm so proud of him. He finished the marathon with a time of 3:44 and placed 133rd out of thousands of runners. Awesome job, John!

I was totally surprised when my friend, Alicia, turned the corner to come watch as well. She lives in NY and I haven't seen her since last August. It was such a great surprise and completey shocked me! Celebration photos with Daddy after the race:

Then it was off to Coach and Gigi's for Sunday night dinner. It was a celebration of John's race, my mom's birthday, Valentines Day, and my birthday too. And it wouldn't be a birthday without a Cinotti's Cake to eat. This year we had a vanilla and strawberry cream cake...YUM!
Leo's favorite toy at Coach and Gigi's

We woke up the next morning to Valentine's Day. Our two little angels discovered some fun stuff from Mommy and Daddy:

Isla, once again, had a blast at her Preschool's Valentine's Day Party. She ate pizza, cupcakes, and received lots of candy and cards from her classmates which we opened when she woke up from nap. She even shared her candy with me. :)

It was a wonderful week filled with lots of love! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment